6.02.2008

JEM GILER...

Assalamualaikum & Happy day to all my friend,

30/5 - 2/6 (Fri - Mon) - First and foremost I would like to thank all my friend who has visited and have a look at my humble blogsite (Thanks Azrul, Asrul, Rash, etc... yang aku tak tau dah masuk). In fact, I don't expect visitors to my blog since the motive of this blog at the day it was created is as a channel for me to release some burden and stress (which partly has been proved!). My family and I pay a visit to my papa-in-law's house in Chini to see whether he was getting better since he got into an accident approx. 2 weeks ago. Alhamdulillah, he is getting better and I do pray for his health being. During the 1st day of the visit, Afif got a fever but he did recover a day after. He was so excited to play with a cuckoo bird, ran among small palm trees (to be planted in November) and of course play with a lorry's steering!


(Amongst Afif's actions been pictured)

(The cuckoo bird that Afif likes most)

During this visit, I realized few things to ponder. First, the culture of balik kampung. In my humble opinion, generations today (inclusive of me) are working too dedicatively until we are only able to pay a visit to our parent in monthly basis (especially who work so far from their parent). Yesterday I do realize that the first reason we seek for a job is actually to serve the need of our family either own or our parent's family. The slogans as 'serve the nation' and 'interest of the nation must prevail one own's interest' are kind-of-a psyops things which divert our first motive of working from for our family to our nation. I'm not say that I am anti-nation, but the nation will be served efficiently after we take well care of our family. I do not know how far this is true but as for me, I serve my family first then come my nation... as per stated by 'Maslow Theory of Needs'. Second, the paddy price upraising issue. I was lucky enough to meet my bros-in-laws in Felda Selancar. I do surprise that the price of Beras Super Tempatan Cap Piala 5% 10kg is RM30+. Not only that, the shop operator claimed that he has to raise all food-based items' prices due to the food price upraising nationwide. What I am thinking is how far the paddy price monitoring and enforcement's mechanism will suffice the need of the Felda people. They are settling down so far from the urban so that their voices are hardly to be heard by whom supposedly to hear. What I've been told that some of the settlers had bring up the complaint to the Felda's Manager about this issue and waiting for solutions till now. Third, the heavy-traffic flow or we call as traffic jam. I wonder how many vehicles are available in Malaysia right now. But what I was experiencing last night was giving me sort of picture of how big the numbers is right now. Just imagine it takes about 2 hours to drive 5 km from Ulu Bendul up to Senawang-Seremban junction. (Usually 20 mins will do!). Whether school holiday is also a contributing factor to the heavy traffic, I didn't know. Whatever it was, thanks to Allah I arrived at my sweet home safe and sound.


(Tengoklah brapa teruk jem nih. Gambar ni wife aku rakam kat kawasan Ulu Bendul)

Almost forget, I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate one of my best friend, Bro. Asrul Shah on his engagement on the 1st of June (ye ke Asrul?). I wish you best of luck and hope a happy ending and life happily everafter. Jangan lupa plak hantar kad nanti... hehehehe.

3 comments:

  1. Lan,

    Just knew your blog, wheteher for released your tension or to express your inner heart. I am unable to comment on gov policy on paddy, but i strongly agree your statement that family come first. Just to share my interview with my current company. The interviewer asked my a question. "Can you please tell us your weaknesses and strength?" Straight away my answer is 'my family'. I will definately abondon my works when something happen to my family. However definately my family is my inspiration to do better morks. Anyway, keep the good works Lan, keep in touch OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atok,

    Thank you for the generous comment. Actually nice to get you in this blog since you're always play devil advocates for every matter we've discussed. Keep it up bro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahahahha....stuck dalam jam ye. Anyways, aku memang sukung la yg bab family comes first. It's natural la kan.

    p/s: bleh tak ko email kat aku sample nota serah tugas

    ReplyDelete