5.20.2008

SOUR BUT SWEET

15 May 2008 (Thu) - I was in Tuaran, Sabah when my wife called me and informed that my father-in-law in Chini, Pahang was involved in an accident that evening. Shocked by the news, I know not what to do and almost blanked for a moment before I replied to her that I'll be back by midnight so that we might visiting him right after that. It was a big relief when my brother-in-law informed us that our abah is fine and already discharged from Kuantan Hospital.

Abah was getting few bruises on his head, swollen from his chest above and the doctor said the bone in his nose is broken (which I think it's merely fractured). But still, praise be to Allah, with His blessing and will, Abah still alive and only suffer minor injury. According to him, he was accidently skid of the road and thrown off his motorcycle before landed on his head in the bushes somewhere in Bukit Bertam. The locals said that that was not the first accident occured at that place and the place was well-known with it dark story. Whatever is it, Alhamdulillah Abah is safe.

Beside this sadness, it was a happy day for all of us when we are receiving new members of our family. My eldest brother-in-law and my brother-in-law are having their child for the 5th and the 1st time respectively. My eldest bro's son named Adam Adif while my bro's daughter not yet given a name. Unfortunately, I was only able to take a picture of the cute girl when I was really forget to take one of Adam Adif. I'll taking one of Adam in the future.

(The cute girl I said - wonder what her name would be?)

These 2 babies actually got jaundice since 1 or 2 days before. So, on saturday evening, I (brought Afif as well) followed my brother to enclosure for goats somewhere in Chini Timur 2 to get some goat milk. It is an old-folk saying that goat milk can be a cure for jaundice (even though conventional medically not advise to it). Afif got very excited when he chased all goats there without fear (where I am afraid of him being hit by those goats!) all of his way when my brother tried to get some milk. We left the enclosure at approximately 6.30 pm.

1 comment: